Carriage House Garage Door Style Ideas
Few people today use a carriage, but the carriage house style is still very popular for homes. Homes constructed in this style are warm and serene, and exude a feeling of country living and a time when life was simpler. At GDI Door, you’ll find carriage house garage door styles that coordinate with your home, enhance its charm and offer protection to your family and assets.
Typical Elements of Carriage House Style
Carriage houses have distinctive architectural elements, such as:
- Dormer windows – a window that projects vertically from a sloped roof.
- Classic cornices – external crown molding or a horizontal decorative ledge.
- Large porches – for sitting outside in the evening to enjoy the sunset and a breeze.
- Lattice windows – windows with panes set in wood, metal or vinyl.
- Overhanging roofs – to add architectural style or to protect the home from the weather.
Garage doors that match these elements complement and coordinate with the rest of the home, giving a unified look. Pulling in a lattice window look to your garage door using modern materials makes you feel safer and enhances your home’s look. Technology meets a classic look for performance and style. If you’re looking for fashion and function, get design ideas from the GDI Garage Door team. We can custom-design your garage door to meet your needs and budget. With over 35 years in the industry, you can be confident of our high-quality installation.