Modernize Your Garage Door Styles for An Inexpensive Exterior Uplift
Changing garage door styles is an inexpensive way to improve your home’s curb appeal and value. Many homeowners don’t think about changing garage door styles until the door stops working or is old and unsightly, but street-facing garage doors are the most prominent feature of your house. A typical two-car garage door can account for more than half your home’s frontage. Replacing your door for purely aesthetic reasons makes a dramatic, often surprising, change in the appearance of your home.
Here’s Why Changing Your Garage Door Style Is a Great Idea
GDI Garage Doors experts sell, install, and service garage doors in the San Francisco Bay area, including Pleasanton, San Rafael, Brentwood, American Canyon, and Napa. We’ve assisted many property owners who have found that swapping their tired, plain garage doors for a modern style has benefits such as these:
- It will give your home a more cohesive appearance from the street. A garage door designed to complement the colors, contours and features of your home creates a uniform look from the curb. It’s easy to find a door from our enormous selection that seamlessly integrates with your home, whether it’s modern architecture or a Craftsman. A GDI Garage Door specialist can provide information and common-sense suggestions on which style best suits you and your home. We’re even able to customize the look of your garage door to incorporate your favorite design concepts.
- You’ll enjoy additional interior light. Modern garage door styles often use larger garage windows to bring in more natural light, which is particularly helpful if you have a workbench or do laundry in the garage.
- It can increase the value of your home at a relatively low cost. Investing in a stylish garage door brings big dividends when it’s time to sell. Real estate agents say upgraded garage doors have an excellent return on investment.
Other Benefits of Upgrading Your Garage Door
- Insulated doors reduce overall energy consumption. Moderate temperatures in the garage mean the AC or furnace won’t have to work so hard to keep the rest of the house comfortable.
- The new technology provides greater security. Current technology makes it more difficult for burglars to steal entry codes or manually force open a garage door.
- Today’s materials last longer. With effective new treatments, even wood doors Even wood doors, with effective new treatments, stand up to extreme weather for years.
For more information on garage door styles, contact GDI Garage Doors. Custom garage doors are our specialty.